Hearth & Table Chef/Supervisor
Are you a chef with a passion for food security?
Join our Hearth & Table team to serve food-insecure students through a weekly community kitchen and meal during the academic year. Equip student volunteers with food preparation skills while serving up to 100 students each Thursday! The Head Chef will be responsible for managing volunteers, creating menus, and ensuring that all dishes are prepared to the highest standards. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the culinary arts, a passion for creating delicious dishes, and a commitment to ensuring the highest standards of food safety and quality.
We are an Agency Partner of FOOD for Lane County and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
· Plan and prepare weekly menu and recipes – vegan, gluten-free options regularly
· Order ingredients from FFLC
· Pick up all ingredients and supplies for weekly meal at FFLC warehouse and US Foods CHEF’STORE
· Arrive on-site weekly by 2pm each Thursday of service
· Oversee and support weekly kitchen volunteers
· Have on-site dining ready by 6:30pm and takeaways ready for distribution by 6:45pm
· Clean up and close out by 8pm
· Submit weekly menu and associated recipes two days before meal
· Submit receipts for reimbursement and FFLC invoices in a timely manner
· Track and record number of meals distributed each week
· Monitor and record weekly temperatures for pantry, refrigerator, and freezer
· Complete and submit monthly FFLC Agency Partner report
· Stay up-to-date annually on FFLC food safety videos and civil rights training
· 3-5 years professional cooking experience (high-volume preferred)
· Food Handler’s Card (active and on file)
· Ability to be flexible in adapting recipes for ingredient availability
· Access to a car for weekly responsibilities
· Experience leading volunteers (preferred)
This position runs 10 weeks/academic term – Fall, Winter, Spring; on-site weekly on Thursdays 2-8pm, off-site responsibilities more flexible
To apply for this position: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional references (Name, Connection to You, Contact Information) to the attention of Clare Josef-Maier at email@example.com.
Applicants who are invited to interview will receive a Consent to Background Check form at that time.