Black bean/sweet potato tacos, roasted pepper corn salad, peanut butter cookies
When people hear that Hearth & Table serves primarily vegan and gluten-free food, they sometimes underestimate how delicious and varied the meals can be. But our chefs do an amazing job at giving us delicious and diverse menus - how about some tacos tonight?
BLACK BEAN/SWEET POTATO TACOS
Ingredients: 4 taco shells
1-2 cups of black beans
1 sweet potato (baked or boiled)
1 & 1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp oregano
1 T salt
2 tsp pepper
1. Cook beans until soft.
2. Boil or bake sweet potatoes until soft. Cool and remove skin. Chop into chunks..
3. Mix beans and sweet potatoes in a pan and season with spices.
4. Heat until hot
5. Fill taco shells and serve.
ROASTED PEPPER CORN SALAD
1 can corn
2 red bell peppers (roasted)
1 poblano pepper (roasted)
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 head of iceberg lettuce
1/4c lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse and drain corn. Set aside.
2. Roast all peppers in vegetable oil until charred. Cool and cut into small dice.
3. Chop cilantro and set aside.
4. Slice the iceberg lettuce very thin and set aside.
5. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve on top of your tacos.
VEGAN/GF PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup oats
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
2. Roll dough into equal balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Flatten cookies with a fork and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.